Archive for May, 2014
I’ve spent some time this week learning more about MonoGame and testing it’s feasibility for use in Slug Chronicles. Needless to say, at this point in time MonoGame is receiving a serious amount of developer love from it’s contributors. I’m guessing that my approach to this has been a bit off the beaten path because I’ve had some trouble getting everything to play nice. I originally planned to do a lot of my core development on my Mac using MonoDevelop as my main IDE, as it turns out this probably isn’t the best approach. I finally did get most things working though and I’ve started experimenting with different project setups.
I haven’t been able to devote as much time to slug chronicles over the past few months as I would have liked, given that I have some updates as to the progress of the game. First, I would like to announce that all future slug chronicle specific update will be posted at http://www.slugchronicles.com , I’ll be sure to post here as well whenever there is some new information. In addition I am no longer using Unity3D for this project. Although Unity did help to get me up and running rather quickly I feel it is to cost prohibitive for me when it comes to deploying on additional platforms I would like to target. Let me explain.