If you are a traditional game programmer such as myself, and never really dealt much with scripting then learning some of the paradigms of Unity3D can be somewhat shocking. It’s easy to learn once you change the way you think about how you are making games. Here are a few things I wish I would have known about Unity3D.
Working on this roguelike and thinking about Galactic Run has given me a crazy idea? What if I where to mix the two, a bullet hell roguelike? It could work if I can get the track generation to be interesting enough and convey a “random dungeon” type feel with different paths etc… Read more »
Next game to be released by Rebel Box will be a space roguelike. I am going for the coffeebreak variety. I am currently planning on the following features.
- Randomly generated loot.
- Level-up/Skill tree
- Randomly generated levels with progressively harder enemies. [It'll be interesting to see how I translate dungeons into space environments]
- Drop in/ Drop out gameplay mainly designed for mobile.
- Perma-Death that wipes autosaves. (Still debating how this will work).
Check out this press release that just went out for Galactic Run!
Galactic Run has been submitted to apple. I finished up Game Center integration which… thanks to Unity3D was a breeze. Also, to all you android users out there, the Galactic Run demo is available. Search the google play store for Galactic Run Time Trial and you will get 70 seconds to post your best high score. Good Luck!
Today I am releasing a Galactic Run for Android. My goal with this is to get as much feedback as possible from the most important people…. THE PLAYERS! As an incentive to join in, the game is available for 1/2 price.
Get this pre-order version of Galactic Run now and start competing for the top spot. On the day of release all you’ll have to do is simply update the game and you’ll be ready! Help us make Galactic Run the best it can be, give us feedback via the feedback button, or by visiting http://www.rebelbox.com.
Galactic Run will take you to depths of space… surrounded by enemies how long will you last? Be prepared to embark on an all out battle for your life as you dodge, and shoot your way to the top of the leader boards.
- 3 Ships to choose from each with its own set of bonuses.
- 7 Pilots to choose from each with unique traits.
- Countless enemies to destroy in battle.
- Warp to distant galaxies to double, or even triple your score.
- Upgrade your weapons in game and deal death to all aliens.
- Exponentially increasing difficulty, the only guarantee is death.
Let us know what you think! We are still developing and would love to hear your feedback!