Archive for November, 2013
I ran into an issue with MonoDevelop that was extremely annoying. I upgraded to the latest unity build this morning and it came bundled with a new version of MonoDevelop (4.0.1). There seems to be some nice changes in here but one of the first things I noticed was that my code was not being formatted correctly. My first attempt was to configure C# formatting via the preferences pane… I spent sometime making things look right hit ok and …. nothing. Worst of all, I restarted MonoDevelop and found that all my settings had been reset. After trial, error, research and heart palpitations here is what I found.
Galactic run is now available on both the Mac App Store, and the Windows Phone App store.
There is an easter egg in the Mac version… Oculus Rift support! While in game hold I and press P to enable oculus support. As of right now, there are some issues with head tracking but I’ll be providing an update that fixes this as well as fixing some skybox and UI rendering problems.
Link to Mac : Galactic Run for Mac
Link to Windows Phone 8 : Galactic Run for Windows Phone 8
Check out the video on youtube
Been working on a bunch of features. In this update I have completed the map generation portion as well as drawing of the individual tiles, I’ve also worked on the code for level loading and character persistence. Please excuse that initial pause, that happened while I was firing up Unity.
Next Up: Placing the player on the map and let him move around.